If you are living an active lifestyle, it can be hard to keep the refrigerator stocked with enough healthy ingredients that keep you full. Protein shakes are a quick and tasty way to fill up on nutrients that will keep you going for hours. While some protein powders result in an unpleasant, chalky flavor, there are a few simple tricks to making your protein shake taste so good, you’ll look forward to it every day.
There are tons of protein shake recipes out there, but if you love chocolate, a chocolate peanut butter protein shake is a great way to curb the craving without reaching for the cookies or peanut butter cups.
- Customize your base. The milk you choose for your protein shake can make a big difference in the flavor and nutritional value. Have fun with all of those milk options at the grocery story. You don’t have to be dairy-free to enjoy a smooth soy or almond milk.
- Craft Your Powder. If you already have some vanilla protein powder in the cupboard instead of chocolate, you can still make a delicious chocolate peanut butter protein shake. Try adding some cocoa powder along with your vanilla protein powder for the same effect.
- Choose Your Peanut Butter. Just like milk, not all peanut butter is created equally. You have many options to experiment with such as PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and unsweetened peanut butters, not to mention deciding between smooth and crunchy. Of course, you could also opt to switch up the flavor entirely with almond butter. Imagine the possibilities.
If you’re ready for a new protein shake in your life, give Blendtec’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake a try, and then let us know how it turns out!
- 8 fl. oz. unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tsp. honey or other sweetener optional
- 1/2 frozen banana cut in half
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients to FourSide or WildSide+ jar in order listed and secure lid.
- Blend on “Smoothie” cycle or blend on a Medium speed for 50-60 seconds.
- Serving Size: 11 fl. oz.
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 17g